The Extech 42540 is a handheld, portable and pistol-shaped infrared thermometer that allows users to carry out pinpoint precise measurements of surface temperature without the need to make physical contact.
One of the highest specification thermometers available from Extech, the 42540 is capable of measuring temperature from an extremely low -58 up to an extremely high 1400°F (-50 to 760°C) with all measurements carried out to a high degree of accuracy. Since this product is an IR thermometer it allows the user to make a measurement of temperature without compromising on safety and the device's generous distance-to-spot ratio of 16:1 means measurements can be carried out from a significant distance and accuracy will still be maintained.
In order to make sure that your measurement is as accurate as possible the Extech 42540 also includes a built-in laser pointer. This pointer is shone on the targeted surface and where the beam meets the surface is the point where temperature will be calculated. It also includes adjustable emissivity on the unit in order to accommodate for different material types that might interfere with the IR thermometer's overall accuracy.
Additional features of this IR thermometer include user adjustable high and low alarm limits (ideal for temperature maintenance procedures), MAX, MIN, AVG and DIF functions, a large backlit display and automatic data holding of the last value taken.
- High temperature device - the 42540 can measure from -58 to 1400°F (-50 to 760°C)|
- 16:1 distance to target ratio allows smaller measurements at greater distance
- User adjustable high and low alarm alerts
- Adjustable emissivity for ensuring accuracy on different surface types
- MAX/MIN/AVG/DIF functionality
- Large backlit display for using the device in darkened conditions
- Laser pointer clearly illuminates targeted measurement point
- Automatic data hold function temporarily stores last reading taken
- Adjustable alarms to alert extremely high or low temperatures
- Automatic Data Hold, auto power off
- High resolution
- Range: -58 to 1400°F (-50 to 760°C)
- Emissivity: Adjustable from 0.1 to 1.00 (0.95 default value)
- Field of View: 16:1 ratio
- Laser Power: Less than 1mW
- Spectral response: 6 to 14 µm (wavelength)
- Display: 4,5 digit backlit LCD Display with function indicators
- Display rate: 1 second approx
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0° to 50°C)
- Operating Humidity: Max. 80% RH
- Power supply: 9V Battery
- Automatic Power Off: Approx 6 seconds after the trigger is released
- Safety compliance: CE
- Weight: 290 gram
- Dimensions: 100 x 56 x 230 mm
Included in delivery:
- Extech 42540 thermometer
- 9V Battery
- Hard carrying case